Sunday, October 1, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Iced Coffee

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Iced Coffee.


I just couldn't do it.  Iced Coffee is not natural.  When I grew up back in South Dakota, strong black HOT coffee was practically mother's milk.  Iced Coffee is just not right.  I drink hot coffee in the dead of winter and on the hottest summer days.  So I had to compromise for my card - it has coffee and it has icy snowflakes - I hope this works!!

CC Iced Coffee

This is a pretty self-explanatory card.  The sentiment is from a fabulous winter set from Paper Smooches called Winter Sampler.  It has a wide range of fun sentiments for all occasions. Since I started with Paper Smooches stamps, I pulled out my Cozy Coffee die also from Paper Smooches.  I love this die because it gives you the ability to add a variety of papers.

I have definitely needed my HOT black coffee these last few months.  My husband had his second foot surgery about 6 weeks ago.  Foot surgery sounds so minor but it was a five hour surgery and he's been off his feet since then.  I've had to "feed and water" and entertain him for weeks.  Good news #1 - my office is 3 miles home so it's quite easy to come home multiple times to "feed and water".  Good news #2 - with these two surgeries to correct some extreme genetic issues - our hope and prayer is that he won't be in constant pain and can begin leading a normal life again after a decade of searching for answers!   

My job has been interesting with multiple resignations in my already small department.  No work-related reasons, for instance, one quit so she and her boyfriend could spend two years sailing around the world.  We aren't replacing anybody until after budget season so we're all doing multiple jobs (because for some strange reason employees like their salaries and bills need to be paid).  Good news #3 - I've gained knowledge and experience that would have taken years to gain which has already made me better at my actual job and will help me in the future.

My last child at home is a senior and the college hunt is well under way.  Both he and my husband are terrible procrastinators so I finally had to crack the whip.  He and I doing four college visits in multiple states this coming month (since my husband can now "feed and water" himself but can't drive or fly).  GREAT news #4 - my youngest son is absolutely blossoming.  The poor guy was dealt a raw deal with some fairly serious anxiety issues that he's been working at for years. He's also not a scholar.  But his ACT scores were shockingly high and he's a state-ranked lacrosse goalie - so he's a hot commodity (at division 3 schools).  We've been telling him and his therapist have told him a million times that he's a great kid - but having colleges interested in him has made it real.  

So now that you know more than you ever needed to know about my life - what I really wanted to do is to say "thank you".  I love this crafty blogging community.  I make some time each and every day to read blogs. The fabulous cards and all of your stories is my moment to take a deep breath and drink a HOT coffee before I face the rest of the day.  Thank you!  Right now taking time to leave comments for you is not in my schedule - but know that I still love all of you and I'll be back!!

I hope to see you play along with our Iced(?) Coffee challenge!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Paper Smooches Winter Sampler
Dies: Paper Smooches Cozy Cups, Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets
Cardstock: Taylored Expressions Toffee and Cookie Monster
Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants True Friend
Ink: Versamark and white embossing powder
Sequins: Fancy Pants True Friend Confetti

7 comments:

  1. You are one busy lady! And God bless you for keeping all that you do on track! I hope that your husband continues to recover and that your son finds exactly the right college to go to. Exciting times for both, I should think! Your card is colorful and fun and I think you need that cup of coffee more than most right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is bright and happy Kim! Sound's like you've had a lot on your plate. I think you and your son will have a wonderful time together visiting schools. Too bad your hubby can't go, but a great mother son time for sure! Hope your hubby is up and about soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your color choices are fantastic! I've eyed this sentiment set and die many times!

    Best wishes juggling your work and home life! Great news on your son and may your husband have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card.....and I agree.....only I feel the same about tea....hot tea thank you very much! And foot surgery is awful.....been there.....but not as severe as your husband for sure. Glad he is seeing light at the end of the tunnel! And hooray for your son......picking the right college is not always easy! My daughter is a college advisor and works with high school students through the decision and application process for college......she has a lot more patience than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, what an absolutely wonderful post! Your coffee card is fabulous; I'm with you that coffee needs to be hot, regardless of the season. Iced coffee just not on my radar *grin* Good to hear that your husband is recuperating; quite the process! And you...so incredibly busy with feeding and watering your husband, handling a hefty plate of work responsibilities and cheering/supporting your son's growth. How wonderful that he's blossoming, ready to embrace some new, exciting paths. Don't ever worry about not commenting; we understand and we're here for YOU! I'm off to have a cup of HOT coffee and stand by my window to watch the snow fall (not. ready. for. winter!). Hugs and love to you, my friend!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was nice to catch up a little of your world! Hope hubby is back on his feet again soon ... and soooo glad your youngest is feeling a little more confident about his future! Sending prayers. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!