Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: With Sympathy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by me!!  (I always get a little nervous when I bring you the sketch - I hope you have fun with it!!


My plan when I put the sketch together was to use bold patterned papers.  I thought a card would still look fresh with small strips of those bold patterns.  As you can see - I ended up going an entirely different direction.  It always amazes me how the same sketch can look so different on different cards!

FMS With Sympathy<

MFT's Rectangle Word Window Frames are the longest, skinniest rectangles that I have - so instead of using them as a frame, I just cut the longer rectangles out of the front of my card using the medium window die. Sadly, the medium die and the small die together were a little too long for the card so I ended up just cutting pieces of cardstock to the right size for the diagonal stripes instead of a window.

The only thing not from MFT on my card were the mini butterflies - but how perfect that they have the same outline look as the rose!

I look forward to seeing you playing along!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: MFT Diagonal Stripes Background
Dies: MFT Well Wishes, Roses in Bloom and Rectangle Word Window Frame, My Creative Time Mini Butterfly Dies
Paper: MFT Gravel Gray, Watercolor Wash 6x6 Paper Pad
Miscellaneous: Pretty Pink Posh 4mm clear sequins

9 comments:

cm said...

Absolutely beautiful. I don't have any rectangle dies and my paper cutting skills are pathetic but...I'm going to give your sketch a try in some fashion. Intrigued....
~c

Amy O said...

Beautiful colors and dies for a sympathy card! And I love the sketch, Kim.

Linda Callahan said...

I love the soft colors and your diecuts! Beautiful card......and wonderful sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely sympathy card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous design! Going to have to give this sketch a try!

Karren said...

Love this sketch, Kim, and I love your card! You've packed so much interest and texture into tiny spaces and your card still looks clean and fresh.

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card Kim. I love your recessed rectangles and soft colour choices! Those flowers and butterflies are so pretty! Love the sketch this week!

Jen Camara Mitchell said...

What a great idea to use both negative and positive spaces to create those rectangles. The flowers and butterflies are perfect nestled in the longer rectangles!

Jen Timko said...

I love every single thing about this card. Your delicate dies work beautifully with the soft colors. Thank you for such an original and fantastic sketch this week!