Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Taylored Expressions: Inspired by Pinterest

Taylored Expressions maintains a fabulous array of Pinterest Boards sorted by design team and some by product and some by theme.  It's a fabulous source of inspiration and the Baker's Dozen design team is tasked with showing you how we were inspired by a card.  I have to tell you that the instruction is to show how we were inspired, but not to actually CAS(E) it.  I think on this card, I'm leaning a little more toward the CAS(E)-side than the inspired-side, but I LOVE the card!!

Check out Danielle's grumpy birthday card!!



I love everything about this card!  I love the neutral color scheme.  I don't think I've put gray and kraft together before and I LOVE it!  The pop of blue is just perfect.  (I changed it up with a pop of yellow).  I also love the layout with the rounded corners, scallops, flags and sentiment on the patterned paper.  (I went so far as to make it vertical!)  I absolutely adore the critter and Danielle's coloring, but I don't happen to have the critter set (soon to be remedied), so I used a tree from one of my all-time-favorite sets, Love Grows Here.  And here's how I was inspired...

Thinking of You Bee

I did try something new to me - an Irresistible Pico Embellisher.  The TE store carries the full color line.  It has a super-fine tip applicator and it says it can be used to "write, embellish and create resist effects with color and texture".  I went very simple and just used it to create some dots to add color to my tree.

Thinking of You Bee Close-Up

This totally thrills me because I have a love/hate relationship with enamel dots.  I love them as accents, but I am very quickly out of the smaller dots, followed soon by the medium dots - and then I'm left with a package of big dots that I don't use.  I'm thinking this product could save me in that I can always add some small dots.  Plus it comes in clear and a sparkle, so I'm thinking with a small circle stamp, I can stamp a few accents in any of the million ink colors that I own, then add a little coating and I have instant coordinating enamel dots!!  Definitely look for more from me!


SUPPLY LIST


Thinking Bee Copics

10 comments:

  1. Love seeing how you were inspired...what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Kim! I love the kraft and grey combo too! Gonna have to file that idea away for later use! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable Kim and I love the glossy dots you added!! Love that you showed your inspiration card, it's super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet!! I love the colors you used-they are so happy and make me smile. Love the glossy dots too. I think I am going to "NEED" to buy some of that Pico stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I never would have thought to put kraft with gray either but you're so right that they look great together. I especially love it with the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty take on the inspiration, Kim! So happy and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so sweet. I love your adorable little tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inspiration by Danielle. You have done her proud! Super cute card! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspired by, or a case of: either way, your card is sheer delight. The tree, the little bees buzzing about the nest, the special touch of 'enamel-ish' dots, make for a charming 'Spring is coming soon' card. The kraft/gray/yellow combination is soooo attractive!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!