Friday, November 7, 2014

Curtain Call Reminder: Let Go and Let God

Just a reminder that there are still a few days left to play along with the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Boho Bright.  One random participant will receive a $30 gift certificate to Verve Stamps !


Don't you just love those bold colors with a rustic look.  That was my inspiration for this card - bold colors, and a neutral woodgrain background!  On my first post for this challenge, I used the same stamp sets. I love the fonts in Let It Be and there are a wide variety of sentiments.  I think the bold butterflies in So Fluttery work perfectly with these sentiments.  It was quite a struggle on my original card to find exactly the colors in the inspiration piece.  For this card, I just stuck with "bold" on "neutral"!

Let Go and Let God

I'm using the current Sweet Sunday Sketch.


In all my years of blogging, I have always included a supply list on my posts.  I know when I am reading all of your blogs, I always find products that I love and NEED and I want to know what they are.  I've been loving the bloggers who include thumbnails and links to the products. I finally decided that I needed to figure it out and was surprised at just how easy it is to do!!  Here's my first thumbnail listing of supplies!

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful and one of my favorite sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meaningful sentiment/ saying.
    The gray woodpanel as background really tones the other colors down so it's not to bold.
    Very beautiful effect and Such a great colorcombo, I find it so hard to incorporate yellow in my cards, but with these colors it's simply beautiful.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. and thanks for listing all the supplies you used and backlinking to the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Kim! Love the sentiment and that sweet butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great take on the inspiration picture Kim - the colours work so well together and the sentiment is wonderful.

    I am so pleased you mentioned the supply list - I too have been trying to find out how to add those little thumbnails. It's so frustrating when you see a beautiful creation without any details! Hope it's easy to do!!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card,I have been so busy with soap orders that my card making has suffered terribly. I so need to make a card for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of the cards you've done for this challenge, Kim! Wonderful sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of the cards you've done for this challenge, Kim! Wonderful sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty card.. i love that butterfly..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Kim. I need to organise these Thumbnails for my blog, I signed up ages ago and have never got around to see how it works, will have to see if I can make it work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card Kim and that sentiment is so perfect, need to put this one on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Kim. I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely, Kim ... the vibrant colours against the neutral grey are just wonderful ... and the quote is such a beautiful one ... love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet. Love the pretty butterfly and the flowery paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Kim! I love the flowery patterned paper and that sweet butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always make the prettiest cards, and I am so sorry I haven't been around much lately to comment. I'm waiting for my second eye surgery...after that I hope to be able to get around and comment more...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty design, Kim! Gorgeous colours! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kim! Such a sweet card and the sentiment is so true . Thanks for the inspiration!
    I know about the thumbnails.. I want to go that route but keep putting it off because I don’t want to pay to promote products that I use a lot. PTI. So I go the hard way and link up. One day I might give in, because its easier and nice for the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this sentiment. Funny, I said this exact thing to a neighbor just yesterday; he was having difficulty making a decision. I think it helped him. These papers and colors are just amazing. Truly beautiful card, Kim. Just love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another delight, Kim. The sentiment is lovely and, of course, I'm swooning over the darling butterfly. Thank you for the visuals/links to your supplies: sooooo appreciated, especially since you're often inspiration for my purchases.
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your bold on neutral! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. First a Big WOW to your son , he's going to know how to wine and dine those lady's !!!! Lol,
    No to your supper cute Owl, he is is cute , just got my FRAMLETS, woohooo !!!!!
    Tfs
    Frenchie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!