Saturday, May 24, 2014

MFT Color Palette and Freshly Made: Hi

A few weeks back there was a sequin shaker blog hop and I made my first shaker card.  I loved it. Since then, the crafting purchases that I have made relate to shakers - frame dies, dies that cut little confetti, fun sequins, etc.  They are really very easy to make - and I know that the recipient of these cards will smile.

I recently got the new Rectangle Frames die set from My Favorite Things.  I got it mainly because the largest frame is the right size to frame their large background dies, but I also knew the smaller boxes could make it very easy to create a rectangle shaker box.  I also recently got the Flower Sequin Kit from Impress Rubber Stamps.  The pink flowers in the set work very nicely with the current MFT Color Palette Challenge (although much better in real life than in this photo!)  The blue sequins are Doodlebug Swimming Pool sequins and the little clear sequins are Pretty Pink Posh 4 mm Sparkling Clear.

Hi


With the rectangle shape of the frame, I was further inspired by Freshly Made Sketches.


It's the beginning of a long weekend, but my family doesn't really have any plans.  It's supposed to be stormy so outdoor fun will be limited.  I told my family that even though Memorial Day traditionally is BBQ and parades, we will likely end up indoors catching up on the many great movies that we never made it to in the theater.  So we are still looking forward to a relaxed long weekend, even if quite sedentary!  
  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Spring Backgrounds (the flowers), Typewriter Text Background
  • Paper: My Favorite Things Pink Lemonade, Berrylicious, Kraft, Fancy Pants Memories Captured 6x6 pad
  • Ink: My Favorite Things Pink Lemonade, WPlus9 White
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things Rectangle Frame die, Happy Hellos die, Sweet Tooth Buttons, Hemp Cord (also available at My Favorite Things)


13 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Kim! I have been making shaker cards too and my DGD loves to shake them! Cute colors and a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shaker Kim! The 'hi' is fabulous with the 'i' dotted with A flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute shaker Kim! A relaxing low key weekend sounds great ~ enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is precious, Kim! Love the soft colours and that skewed shaker is just too fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these soft colors......sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So perfect!!
    Love the tilted angle of your shaker rectangle with the gorgeous flowersequins!!
    Soft colorcombo, the twine adds just a little extra, so perfect!
    Love the colorpallette you used and
    the woodgrain DP.
    :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. enjoy the movies! (and your weekend of course!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek! I adore this!! That "hi", that frame stamped with sweet, white flowers, everything!! Can you believe I haven't made a shaker...?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great shaker card. I love the soft colors and those flower sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...what a fun shaker card and I love that hi die!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this shaker card!! I almost bought those dies for exactly the same thing but haven't purchased anything as of yet.

    I really like how you mixed up the sequins inside the shaker card with the fun colors. Fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea to make a shaker card using the sketch, Kim! And that little flower sequin for the dot in 'hi' is genius! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous shaker card, Kim! I love the little details you added like the twine and sequin to dot the i. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous shaker, Kim! So loving the colours and images you've selected! Hope your long weekend was wonderful. Staying cosy inside, catching up on movies...sounds like a 'perfect' schedule!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!