Saturday, July 6, 2013

Operation Write Home: So Sweet Birthday

I so like playing along with the Operation Write Home sketch challenges.  First, they provide measurements - talk about making it easy!  And second, for me they are an extra challenge in that they tend to be layered and not in my CAS comfort zone.  It gives me a chance to pull out patterned papers and extra embellishments.  In this case, I decided to try to use a variety of elements from July's Simon Says Stamp kit.  I've been getting these kits for months, and I rarely venture beyond the stamp set and perhaps a scrap of paper.  In this case, I used two papers, a border strip and a sticker sentiment!!  (I didn't use the straws, nor the Washi, nor the buttons - so I wasn't entirely successful in utilizing the kit - but you gotta start somewhere!)

So Sweet Birthday

I love the cupcake layers in this stamp set - there's even a layer under the frosting for the actual cake!


Crafting was a challenge this morning!




And now I am crawling around my family room floor on hands and knees looking for the stamp for the top of the cupcake that she stole.  Luckily, I had today's card finished - but I really would like to use this set again!

  • Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Cupcake Party (SSS July kit)
  • Paper: Lily Bee 6x6, red CS (SSS July kit)
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Fine Linen, Harvest Gold, Stampin' Up Daffodil, Real Red and Old Olive
  • Accessories: Lil Bee stickers, Queen & Co 12" border stickers (both from SSS July kit),  Ranger Glossy Accents, Divine Twine Cherry

10 comments:

  1. Really sweet card! Love that cupcake with the twine bow. Great sentiment, and those papers are such fun. Just darling. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Kim ... good luck finding the top of that cupcake! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Hope you find your stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim!
    Looks like it's a day for cats interrupting crafting - it must be a conspiracy LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card , it will be loved and appreciated . Sweet cat and I hope you find your stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitty must have been trying to help, Kim! This card is super cute...love all the fun papers...I think I have that pack from IHP, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card...Hope you find your stamp. Don't have a kitty...but somehow a few week's ago...I lost a whole CARD...don't know what I did with it...thought it would show up...but it didn't

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!