Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 5: Online Class Pattern Play

Yesterday was the fifth and last day of the Online Card Class: Pattern Play.  The topic was paper manipulation and it was FUN!!!

I chose to do paper quilting.  You might think this is one piece of pattern paper, but it is actually strips of all of my favorites woven together.

Paper Quilted Thanks

It's such a fun look and it was really easy!



And...I am flying high today...it's a bonus day at the Pattern Play class and they are showcasing 15 more cards from the teachers and 9 cards from the students.  My card is one of the nine!!!  It's an absolute statement of the quality of these classes and instructors because you truly did not see much patterned paper on my cards prior to this class!

I am playing along with Catered Crop: Flower Power and with CAS-ual Fridays: No Stamps!


  • Stamps: None
  • Paper: Pebbles Family Ties, Papertrey Summer Sunrise and Vintage Cream CS, Stampin' Up Old Olive, Night of Navy CS
  • Ink: None
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug "thanks" embossing, Sizzix Flower Daisies #2 die, Spellbinders leaves die, Papertrey Spring Rain button



16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kim! I love those colors and patterns together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful and no surprise one of your cards was chosen. You have rocked your homework! I have enjoyed seeing your cards with Patterned paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!! Congrats on the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim I told you that you were rocking the challenges. This is now my current favourite card of yours. Everything about it is gorgeous, the colours, the patterns. Just love it! Congrats on being featured, so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim - all your cards are already stunning, and now with Pattern Paper ideas in your pocket - well, I can only imagine what additional 'stellar-ness' (my new word of the day) will come our way. EXCITING! This card - along with your other showcases - is awesome! I'm definitely signing up for this class (archived version...), because of YOUR inspiration! Thank you for sharing, inspiring, day-brightening and smile-making!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again - I went through your cards again for Pattern Play and, late though I am, I've signed up! Can't wait to work my way through the lessons and tackling the assignments one day at a time, to be sure my 'learning' is solid. Thanks ever so much, Kim for the amazing inspiration! And I'm ordering some TAWS stamps too...
    Have a fantastic Saturday!
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say WOW!!! Loving every bit of this HAPPY card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, gorgeous! Congratulations on the recognition ... I've so enjoyed seeing how you've brought your unique talent to patterned paper! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Kim! You are talented and deserved the "shout-out" from the instructors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic, Kims! And congratulations on the amazing and well-deserved shoutout!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible card! Your post makes me wish I had taken this class!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card in pretty, fresh colors!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cheerful card, Kim! And congrats on being showcased by teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very sweet and lovely! I love the gorgeous colors you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card, indeed! Great choice of patterned papers to mix. Thanks so much for joining the CASual Fridays Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!