Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blue Snow Embossed DSP!!

I am squeezing in a card under the wire for Merry Monday.  This week is a tic tac toe and I am feeling quite impressed with myself because I went two directions - across the top row and down the left column!!

Merry Little Christmas


It is hard to see the dry embossing - I tried to keep a little shadow on the card, but it still isn't clear that there are two dry embossed lines running vertically on each side of the center images.

This is a card that falls in the category of...if I had all the time in the world I would re-do it!!  I love the layout, but...
If I could re-do this card, I would use a different blue.  The cardstock for Island Indigo looks so rich and I thought it would contrast perfectly with white.  But the ink and the dsp (at least coated with glitter) come up much darker.  If I were to remake this card, I would use a more vibrant blue!

  •  Stamps: Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Island Indigo dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Island Indigo
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up snowflake punch and silver cord, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter (adhered with a spray adhesive)


11 comments:

  1. Love this - and I just got this set! I love the vertical focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blue, Kim! I love the sentiment and the placement of the snowflakes too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the CAS design! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS card Kim. Love this sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS card Kim, the snowflakes are fabulous and I love the sentiment. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW~fabby creation! You always know how to send me over the moon! This is amazing! That sentiment is so sweet! Thanks for playing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...beautiful as always!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too cute, I love the blue and your snowflakes are so fun with that button center. Love that sentiment too, I have to take a peek at the set you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect!! No remake necessary! Love the island Indigo! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!