Monday, July 23, 2012

Be Still and Know

It's my day to post on the Sweet 'n Sassy blog and I decided to celebrate an anniversary.

One year ago, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps asked me to be a guest designer.  They sent me two stamps to play with - Beauty by the Sea and Ocean Paradise.  I most amused - after all, what does a Colorado gal know about the ocean - but I had a great time playing along.  Now I serve on their design team and get the fun of playing with their new sets each and every month.  But I decided to go back and play with this original set...


Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Although it's not as easy to see as I had hoped, there is tulle stretched across the window.  I also used an impression plate to give it a pebbly look.

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

I made this card for the Friday Mashup challenge and I actually did the full mashup - a sketch and a lazy summer day theme.

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Ocean Paradise and sentiment from Peaceful Swans
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Marina Mist and white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Marina Mist
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Impression Plate, Nestabilities ovals, crochet thread, tulle and miscellaneous beads




16 comments:

  1. Kim, this is so gorgeous! The tulle and the pebbly texture are the perfect accents. Love the blue and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!! Simply beautiful!

    (BTW...just so you know...YOU, my dear, are an enabler!!...I just paid a visit to Sweet 'n Sassy and filled my cart!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!
    Just wanted to say hi from Arvada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a serene looking card, Kim! LOVE all the little details you put into this!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely and peaceful card Kim, love the bright pop from the pretty blue bead! Have a splendid day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and peaceful, Kim! You don't have to live near the ocean to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm! It's all about the details! Love all the textures and what a great idea to bead the twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so pretty Kim! Love the blue color (perfect with that beach scene). The thread looks great with the beads. Happy Anniversary! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! The details with the tulle and the pebble embossing are just gorgeous! I love the soft, sea-side colours you've used as well. Wonderful card!

    Thank you for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous take on the sketch Kim! Love the aperture you have created with the texture behind & the restful palette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful...and such a perfect match of sentiment and image. I was just at the beach and it really does make you realize that God is near...if you can be still and enjoy the scenery for a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card - love the calm colours and embossed background. Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is peaceful and gorgeous and I love the way you framed the image!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your take on the sketch... with the recessed-type window. Perfect! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, such a peaceful and elegant summery card! Your color combo is great and that embellishment on the twine is gorgeous, it gives a touch of delicacy. Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! Beautiful card, love the colors and the beads are a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!