Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 2 of Online Card Classes

Week 2 of Online Card Classes: Clean & Simple began with a video on a window card and a folded flower - it was gorgeous and I wanted to copy it exactly!!  But I needed to put my own spin on it and decided to try it with cupcakes??!!



I am going to give myself 3 points for creativity - but then deduct 2 for execution!!  I have a few issues with the card, but I like the concept enough that I am going to post it anyway.

First, even though I used a cupcake sentiment and cupcake embossing folder - I still don't think it is obvious that my embellishment are cupcakes.  I have tried adding candles and/or cherries (too busy) and after that I ran out of ideas to make it more cupcake-like.

Second, the sample card from Online Card Classes usew a patterned paper with distinctly different colors on both sides - it added so much interest when the folded part was a splash of color and I miss that on my card.

I do thank Kristina for all of her tips and hints...templates, how to line it up, etc...and now I am going to go exactly CASE her beautiful card.


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Create a Cupcake
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake CS and dsp, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, misc baker's twine and gem, Nestabilities Circle, Stampin' Up Cupcake Punch

10 comments:

  1. I think it gets top marks. Tasty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like it! Maybe because I'm hungry but even then :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card Kim. Did you try a die cut or punched mini cupcake glue-dotted to the center of your star flower? Just an idea for making the cupcake theme more obvious. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a yummy take on the design Kim and the colours look good to me. I'm loving this class for the inspiration and seeing everyone's creations:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever, I like how you end up with a star in the middle! Way to think out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful spin on the OCC idea! You must have one of those 'lateral' brains!!! :) Very sweet, Kim! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your window card is super. The cupcakes look fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning Kim! I love the window effect, and the twine and embossing, I can see the time it must have taken for this beautiful card, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!