Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sympathy with Serene Silhouettes

Last week, I said that I needed to focus on Sympathy cards for the church card racks and that you would be seeing lots of sympathy - some even commented that they were looking forward to the ideas - and then I haven't made one since.  Sorry...

Here's my card for today's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge.  I have never focused on sympathy cards to send to men, but this silhouette set was perfect for the card.


No frills or ribbon or bling - just a simple sympathy.


  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Serene Silhouettes, Papertrey sentiment
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Going Gray, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Going Gray, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Tim Holtz embossing folder, Quickutz die

6 comments:

  1. Kim, this is lovely...great colors for a male sympathy card. I love the dry embossed strip...perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the split image and the woodgrain and it's definitely a colour combo to keep in mind for guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful, Kim! Such a peaceful and perfect card! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect Kim. I love the sponged edges and split image. The muted colours are just right for a male sympathy. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Kim. The colours & imagery are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silhouettes work so well on sympathy cards I think and this is a beautiful image to use. Love the strip of woodgrain too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!